Author Topic: Serious 56k Issue  (Read 4422 times)

Silent Stalker

Serious 56k Issue
« on: October 22, 2004, 03:35:28 am »
Alright, I don't need to hear the commentary about still being on dial-up, but here it goes. I connect using MSN, and I recently deleted all of my connection settings (by accident). I then reconfigured everything over, but now I have a new issue. Since the PC I'm using has older modem card you can't turn down/off the dial-up sound (some have this option). However, once I tried to dial-in there wasn't any sound, rather it just said it was dialing it. I wait about 30 seconds or so (average dial-in time), and it connects me to the internet. You'd say "hey, no noise, and it connects you, so what's the problem?" The issue is it connects me but that only lasts for about 45 minutes max, and then it disconnects me. Also, it runs noticeably slower. I checked and deleted the other two connections that I hadn't seen before, scanned with Norton/Adaware/Spybot, and reconfigured the information again, but nothing changes.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Offline Doc Nyar

• When I call your name, be sure to duck...
  • Gameheaven Staff
  • CEO
  • No one knows a lot, but combined we do
Re:Serious 56k Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 07:18:47 am »
Since the PC I'm using has older modem card you can't turn down/off the dial-up sound (some have this option).

I believe the option to turn of sounds for internal modems is "M0" (M zero)

Offline gryphon

• Just me...
  • Administrator
  • Manager
  • nothing can seem fool to those that winn. ...
Re:Serious 56k Issue
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 10:58:25 am »
You are not the only one still using dialup connetions. . ;)

I took this screenshot from my own laptop, can you check your modem settings on the same tab ?

[ you can click on the image for a better resolution / full version ]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 11:00:02 am by gryphon »
Expect anything, and life will become boring...