Author Topic: Radeon catalyst for mobility?  (Read 5740 times)

Tura

Radeon catalyst for mobility?
« on: December 14, 2004, 03:40:30 pm »
Heya everyone, now I got a question.

Is it possible to use the catalyst radeon driver for a mobility version of a radeon? ATI makes none anymore for mobility it seems, and siemens doesnt have any new ones either...

Offline gryphon

• Just me...
  • Administrator
  • Manager
  • nothing can seem fool to those that winn. ...
Re:Radeon catalyst for mobility?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 06:44:51 pm »
I use the Omega drivers for the Radeon in my laptop. The best driver version for the job if you ask me. :)
Expect anything, and life will become boring...

Tura

Re:Radeon catalyst for mobility?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 07:56:58 am »
awesome if that works, gotta try it when I get home:-)

Bravo

Re: Radeon catalyst for mobility?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 08:51:40 am »
Last I checked, when On the ATI homesite, lol which i visit all to often, they Have a seperate section for Mobility Radeons, I believe its now in Catalyst Mobility Drivers (ATI Homesite)

They are seperate, but the Radeon Driver package I believe also contains the Mobility drivers although i'd have to look thru to be sure
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 08:54:44 am by Bravo »

Offline gryphon

• Just me...
  • Administrator
  • Manager
  • nothing can seem fool to those that winn. ...
Re: Radeon catalyst for mobility?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 02:52:28 pm »
I know. Funny thing is I own 2 HP laptops. One with a P4 and one with a mobile AMD. Both have the sort of the same graphics chips.
The restore CD with drivers from HP only works for the graphics chip on the P4 one.
For the AMD one I tried Radeon (which is should be) and mobility drivers. After that the universal from ATI which? should detect the graphics card by itself and install the best drivers.

Neither worked and even in default resolution with Windows drivers the screen is laggy scrolling webpages.

The origional installed drivers (weird enough not the ones on the HP site) work ok and are from ATI. The differance with those and Omega drivers. The origional drivers won't let me play Ghost Recon on my laptop . . the omega ones do. But then, I think I have a strange laptop which isn't default ;)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 02:54:13 pm by gryphon »
Expect anything, and life will become boring...