Author Topic: Reformat?  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Ghosthunter

• Band of Brothers
  • Probation
Reformat?
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:16:29 am »
Going to reformat my system, last time I did it I got a lot of shit that went wrong when XP was finished installing. Not going to back anything up, so what else do I need to do to make sure the clean install doesn't come with random crashes, corrupt files, etc. other than booting/reformating from the XP disk?

Offline gryphon

• Just me...
  • Administrator
  • Manager
  • nothing can seem fool to those that winn. ...
Re: Reformat?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 02:11:13 am »
Just follow the instructions and dun't unplug the power cord.

Sorry for the somewhat stupid advice, but besides that I can't really think of anything you could be doing wrong.

Boot from the Cdrom, then take the option to install a new Windows OS. Don't upgrade repair or do any other creative thing MS has put in there. :)
Expect anything, and life will become boring...

Offline number6

• Be seeing you.
  • Gameheaven Staff
  • Team Leader
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 12:55:02 am »
Make sure your partitions are NTFS if you are using XP only. You may also wish to delete the partitions to force a fresh formatting.

Phoenix

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 04:52:46 pm »
and when you do so, you might consider, making 3 partitions... 1 for just your XP OS, 1 for all kind of "Program Files" this to keep your system disk with the windows OS clean, and one for all kinds of things..

when you do so, your system (or OS partition) will not get messed up with all kinds of rubbish.