Author Topic: PC -----> (mini)DV  (Read 3420 times)

RotteVis

PC -----> (mini)DV
« on: July 31, 2003, 11:16:16 pm »
Since 2 weeks I?ve got my DVD-Recorder, a Philips DVD-R75,

One of the things I wanted to do with it, is making DVD?s of my DivX-movies on my pc. I want to do that through FireWire/I-link.

I?ve got here a Asus mobo with FireWire/I-link (A7N8X-DeLuxe), I connected it with a FireWire/I-link cable to my FireWire/I-link input on my DVD-Recorder. Windows (Windows XP + SP1) gave me a notice that the DVD was connected to my pc.

So I bought Adobe Premiere 6.5, installed in on my PC, loaded the DivX in a project, Checked all the settings for the output format (DV - Pal), and clicked tape to video. It gave me a pop-up menu that confirmed what I wanted and I pressed go. My pc started to movie, but gave no signal output to the DVD-recorder. I checked settings again, and again, played with all the settings, but I keep getting a "No signal" at my DVD-recorder screen. Adobe gives an "online" status when I check the DV connection.

I?ve tested my FireWire/I-link on my mobo with an external HDD and it worked perfectly, so that can?t be the problem.
Also tested the FireWire/I-link of my recorder, brought 3 different types of camera?s from work and tried, but they all work perfectly when I connect them.

So I think it?s a problem in Adobe, I already checked there website and different forums, but they all gave me nothing to work with. So I hope there is someone with u guys who can help me.

[ edit, I changed the URL fot the recorder, it was kind'a long so make it a hyperlink with the DVD recorder's type ]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 12:13:30 am by gryphon »

Offline gryphon

• Just me...
  • Administrator
  • Manager
  • nothing can seem fool to those that winn. ...
Re:PC -----> (mini)DV
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 12:27:38 am »
Is there a special channel the DVD record has to be on inorder to record images from the i-link port ?
Just as the video or aux channel on a TV sometimes might be the only one to display the video's picture.

And does Windows recognise it as just a DVD-player or an device it can wirte to ?
Expect anything, and life will become boring...

RotteVis

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 12:41:56 am »
Yes I know I have to put it on Cam2, the FireWire/I-Link channel, it?s the first thing I did, I did even RTFM.

Windows tells me there is a recorder connected, but don?t add an extra drive, but that?s logical, cause it can?t write data, just video. Also when I plug the FireWire cable in, windows asks me if I want to use Adobe Premiere to interact with the recorder.

Adobe also says I?m connected to it

RotteVis

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 09:11:23 pm »
This topic can be closed, found a solution with the help of one of my collegues. Adobe Premiere doesn?t support writing back to any DV machine (camcorder, dvd, etc.), so I got myself Pinnacle Studio 8 and my problem is solved.

Offline number6

• Be seeing you.
  • Gameheaven Staff
  • Team Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 09:57:45 pm »
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you found a solution.

Offline gryphon

• Just me...
  • Administrator
  • Manager
  • nothing can seem fool to those that winn. ...
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 11:31:36 pm »
great, now when we get that fotoshoot of Pauline we can even start selling DVD's of it ;D

strange that a product of Adobe doesn't support that .. ..
Expect anything, and life will become boring...

RotteVis

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 11:42:06 pm »
Only Adobe Premiere Pro, never heard though ?bout the existence of a pro version.

About the Pauline video/fotoshoot, it has to wait ?till first week of september, cause my DVD-Recorder is going back to the shop tomorrow. Philips is going to drop the prices with !!!200 euro?s!!! at 1 september. Then I take the same I?ve got now but only a lot cheaper.